Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Great American Backyard Tabaco Experiment, Day 16

Greetings Friends,
Check out these pictures which include photos from Day 12, 15 and 16 of the Great American Backyard Tabaco Experiment. I am happy to say it is going effortlessly and better than expected. Better than expected because more tabaco sprouts are appearing than I had first forecast. These seeds are over a year old and I was afraid many may have "died" thus I overplanted to compensate. Boy, was I wrong. There is also a picture of my homemade shade tarp that I use on extremely hot and sunny days. This is to protect the sprouts from shriveling and drying out. Anyway, I check the sprouts everyday waiting impatiently for the "separation" stage at which point I will choose the best dozen or more tabaco seedlings so that each can grow in its own container. Come back for more updates!



Day 12. The homemade shade-tarp covers the sprouts.

Day 12. The original areas of concentration see more growth.

Day 12. They are growing!

Day 15. Now more areas are seeing sprouts! What a difference 3 days makes.

Day 15. A hot spot.

Day 16. I spotted this blue jay eyeing my sprouts. It was on the table looking like it wanted to ravage the little guys on the previous day.

Day 16. The top view sees an explosion in sprouts.

Day 16. The hot spot is growing.

Day 16. What a view as new sprouts pop up.

Saludos,

Luis

No comments:

Go Old School. Buy the O.S. DW Tee!

Our Devils Weed Original Style Smoke-Gray Tee
Select a size and click the button below to check out. Simple and fast!
Sizes

Sport the "Crown-Style" Devil's Weed T-shirt

Crown-Style T-Shirt
Select a size and click the button below to check out. Simple and fast!
Sizes

FaceBook Badge

Molina Cigar's Facebook profile